"Tropic Sun" released
A new variety of Custard Apple has just been released and you can read all about it.
Custard Apples are a delicate tropical fruit and are easily damaged if handled incorrectly.
You can get a greater return if the following points are observed.
- Do not store green fruit under 8°C
- Store at 8°C to 12°C for up to 5 days only, longer than this and chill injury occurs.
- Fruit will not ripen under 14°C.
Extended periods at this temp will lead to chill injury.
- During Winter store fruit in a warm area and cover to hold in their own warmth.
- Best temperature range for ripening is 18° to 24°C.
- Shelf life is short so buy small quantities more frequently.
- Avoid small (under 300g) and dark green (immature) fruit.